Creating mobile responsive website designs for the dominant use of smartphones is now old news! The future is in the innovation of digital experience in speed, personalization and conversational user interfaces based on accurate insight. We’ve gathered the top trends that will dominate Facebook & Instagram in 2019 and here’s what we have in store;
- Static or declining in most age groups, except the older (55+ age group) which are now the biggest group of users on Facebook. Hence, running health & life insurance along with other parent-centric ads on Facebook is a great idea.
- Within Facebook, increased use of Messenger is an opportunity for businesses. The latest statistics from Facebook show the importance of Messenger: with 1.3 billion people using Messenger every month; 8 billion messages exchanged between people and businesses every month and 78% of people with smartphones using the app every month. Messenger is on the rise, people! Make good use of it in order to have better communication with your audience.
- Is Customer Journey Mapping on your agenda? We know how difficult it is to measure the effect of each channel. When looking at the online customer journey, is it not enough to look at the ad that got the last click and led customers to buy or download something on your website.
If you do, you overlook posts, landing pages, ads, reviews and many other touch points that also played a role in leading the consumer from A to B. Facebook recently launched a new attribution tool that can help you solve this challenge and measure the value of each channel. Facebook Attribution has already been called one of the biggest updates for companies in 2018 & 2019 – and you can use the new tool for free. Find it in your Business Manager.
- There’s an increase in usage across all age groups with the largest, the 25 to 34 age group followed by 18 to 24. With the younger age bracket on the rise, you can create more engaging and relevant posts keeping the audience in mind. Additionally, it’s expected that Instagram ad spend continues to increase in line with increased usage and better advertising.
- One of the key Instagram advertising trends for 2019 will be interactive, high-quality Instagram Stories ads. Another new feature we’ve noticed in Instagram Stories advertising is shortening of ad text to keep stories ads short and to-the-point. So, if you’ve been relying on text-heavy Instagram Stories ads it might be time to focus your attention on creating engaging and interesting video ads.